Sustainalytics’ Business Continuity Plans During COVID-19
Dear Valued Clients:
Given the uncertainty related to the COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to provide you with an update on the resilience and continuity plans of Sustainalytics’ global business operations. Our top priorities continue to be our commitment to providing you with the best possible service while ensuring the health and safety of our over 650 global team members. With this in mind, Sustainalytics has introduced several precautionary measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Safeguarding our Global Team Members
In alignment with the World Health Organization’s guidance and best practices as well as the advice of local governments, Sustainalytics has implemented the following measures to protect our global team members, our clients and stakeholders and the public at large:
- Prohibited all business travel and implemented a practice of self-quarantine following certain personal travel
- Implemented a work from home policy for all employees across all locations
- Postponed all scheduled client events and moved most to online formats
- Cancelled team retreats and in-person team meetings
- Disseminated COVID-19 information electronically and throughout all our global office locations
We have also asked any team members who feel ill to seek medical attention and self-quarantine.
Business Resiliency and Continuity
Our global team members, secure online systems and cloud infrastructure are the backbone of Sustainalytics’ business activities. While Sustainalytics has always had well-established business continuity plans in place, considering the current global circumstances we wanted to share information on our plans should they need to be activated.
- Each client we serve is supported by a team of at least two client advisors to ensure continuity in case one is unavailable. In the event multiple team members in a specific location become unavailable, representatives of the same team potentially from a different location would assume responsibility for continuing business activities.
- Our cloud-based infrastructure relies on two separate data centers and each has the capability to deploy and support our full infrastructure should one be impacted.
With robust internal and external plans in place backed by a multitude of redundancies, Sustainalytics has made every effort to ensure our technology is resilient, and that our global team members are well-equipped to work remotely and are easily accessible via phone and email to help fulfill your needs. Thus far, we believe our measures have been working effectively and to-date there have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 among any Sustainalytics global team members.
Sustainalytics is closely evaluating the global situation by staying in close touch with our team members, clients and other key stakeholders. Should any circumstances change regarding how we operate, we will be certain to inform you.
Thank you for trusting Sustainalytics during this challenging time. We hope you and your family members and friends are staying safe and well. Should you have any questions, please contact your Client Advisor or contact us.